Sunday, December 21, 2008

more from the beach

Hey Everyone, just writing a quick update here.

We were able to find a nice, fairly quiet beach around, with not too many annoying tourists! The added bonus is seeing dolphins jumping off in the distance. Then the tourist boats go to see them and they disappear. It's a nice little addition to the ocean view though. Today was my first attempt at scooter driving. I didn't hit any cows or people, came close to some walls (David you can probably still remember my attempt at your scooter...) so a good day all in all. It's a bit difficult since they drive on the other side of the road, so I'm still a bit worried about my instinct reaction while driving. I'll get it though. Our treat today was a real coffee shop. With real coffee. What a treat! While yes we're able to miss the deep freeze, we're also missing our Timmy's and not so excited about that.

We've been hanging out with our 4 other neighbours at the place we're staying. We've formed "The Blue Nest Gang" named after where we're staying. maybe we'll get some T-shirts! Ben is loving all the people walking by our terrace that he can chit chat with!

Merry Christmas to everyone, enjoy being loved!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi Ben & Leah! It's lovely to be able to hear about your adventures as you move along! Glad to hear you haven't been pooped on yet -- apparently I was subjected to that once, when I was still much shorter than a cow! Yuck! Maybe that's why I like to avoid conflict ('crap') to this day! Have a delightful,Merry Christmas! (It's supposed to only be -9 on Chrsmas Day -- A REAL HEAT WAVE!) Last week, when it was NOT a heat wave, I fell and broke my arm - isn't it a good thing I'm married to an eager chef?! Loveand blessings, Sherri

Genna said...

Well hello Leah and Ben!! It's been so long since we talked but it's been a total blast catching up on your blog for the last 30 minutes or so. I can't wait until something new is posted. Congratulations on being brave enough to chase your dreams! I don't really know what your travelling plans are or for how long but I will certainly tune in to find out!

Stay safe,
Genna and Glenn

snowtoes said...

Hi guys
what's it feel like to be licked by a cow i wonder? ha ha ha
those are great stories! keep them coming!
can't wait to see pics!
lots of love
Anne :)

todi said...

Happy New Years to both of you! Have a great 2009. Tina